The Automotive Pack
The Automotive Pack
Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A (360W) Non-isolated DC-DC charger:
The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth. For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch.
The Orion Tr-Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead-acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power. Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
- For lead-acid batteries, it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge, the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
- For lithium batteries, absorption time is fixed default 2 hours.
- Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
Input fuse (not replaceable)
The main difference with an isolated DC-DC charger is the connection to each battery as there is only one negative connection to the battery. Plus, there is no internal connection between the negatives in the battery. Some systems require an isolated DC to DC charger, this can be some of the reasons:
- Typically, marine application with limited corrosion
- Decrease noise from one battery system that will affect another battery system
One example of a non-isolated system is an automotive system, such as both batteries are negative and connected to the chassis of a vehicle. The system is non-isolated but either unit will suit.No Solar Regulator in the DC-DC Charger:
Victron have chosen to separate the charger and the solar regulators, these are the advantages:
- You can choose the correct solar regulator to match your panels with the best efficiency for the solar charging
- The solar can be charging into the battery system simultaneously with the onboard vehicle charging
- Without a solar regulator, the DC-DC charger will stay cheaper
Phoenix Sine Inverter 24/375w
The Phoenix Inverter 24/375 230V VE.Direct AU/NZ is a pure sine wave converter that converts stored DC power in the batteries into AC power just like the power provided to residentials so that you can run your electric appliances wherever you are. These inverters offer proven reliability for over many years. These inverters are short circuit proof and equipped with protection against overheating, whether due to overload or high ambient temperature.
Phoenix pure sine wave inverters come with VE.Direct communication port that can be connected to a computer via VE.Direct to USB interface cable, and, smartphones, tablets, laptops and other devices via VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle. These pure sine wave inverters from Victron are fully configurable via USB or Bluetooth connection. Users can set up the low battery voltage alarm trip and reset levels, low battery voltage cut-off and restart levels, dynamic cut-off: load dependent cut-off level, output voltage 210 – 245, frequency 50 Hz or 60 Hz, and finally, the ECO mode on/off and ECO mode sense level. It can also be used for monitoring the input and output voltage, percent load and alarms.
The Phoenix Inverter 24/375 230V VE.Direct AU/NZ is also ideal for applications that need high start-up power such as power converters for LED lamps, halogen lamps or even electric tools. It also features ECO mode, where it will switch to standby when the load decreases below a preset value (min load: 15W). Once in standby the inverter will switch on for a short period (adjustable, default: every 2,5 seconds). If the load exceeds a preset level, the inverter will remain on.
These pure sine wave inverters also features LED diagnosis and have remote on-off switch that can be connected to a two pole connector, or between battery plus and the left hand contact of the two pole connector.
Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 Charge Controller:
|Voltage||12/24V Auto Select|
|Nominal PV Power||12V – 220W | 24V – 440W|
|Operating Temperature Range||-30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)|
|Dimensions (LxWxH) mm||40 x 113 x 100 (D x W x H)|
|Net Weight (kg)||0.5 Kg|
|Charge voltage ‘absorption’||14.4V / 28.8V (adjustable)|
|Protection||Battery reverse polarity (fuse), Output short circuit and Over temperature|